Additional Preconference Events
Enhance your conference experience with one of our outstanding preconference events that will help you and your organization on the journey to nursing excellence.
Pathway to Excellence® Preconference Applicant Workshop – $499
Wednesday, April 24, 2019 • 8:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
- Discover how your organization can create a healthy work environment where a culture of excellence fosters frontline staff to lead from the bedside.
- Develop a solid foundation aligned with your organization’s strategic goals to drive improvements in organizational outcomes.
Join teams from across the US to network and learn how to leverage the Pathway to Excellence® framework to strengthen your organizational culture.
This Applicant Workshop provides strategies and best practices for organizations across the continuum embarking on the Pathway to Excellence journey. Pathway’s expert staff will provide:
- Guidance on how to start the journey
- Engagement strategies
- Resources and tools to assist in the application and appraisal process
- Valuable pointers for writing the narratives
- Pragmatic exercises to enhance thought processes
- Case scenarios to guide applicant organizations
Who should attend?
- Staff and leadership integral in facilitating the Pathway journey
- Chief Nursing Officers, Directors of Nursing
- Pathway to Excellence and PTE-LTC program coordinators
- Key frontline staff who support document preparation and sustain engagement throughout the journey
Florida Hospital Innovation Lab Tour – $50
Wednesday, April 24, 2019 • 10:00 a.m.– 11:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m.– 1:00 p.m., or 2:00 p.m.– 3:00 p.m.
ALL TOURS SOLD OUT!
Join us to see innovation in action with a tour of the Florida Hospital Innovation Lab (FHIL) on Tuesday, April 22nd! Embedded inside one of America’s largest healthcare providers, FHIL is fostering a culture of human centered innovation from within.
The facility is an award-winning innovation lab committed to discovering human-centered solutions for today’s healthcare challenges. FHIL launched in the beginning of 2012 and today more than 516 projects, and more than 40 healthcare companies have come through FHIL. This means more than 5,030 healthcare professionals, educators, business people, and students have participated in FHIL.
The tours will be led by the staff of FHIL, so get ready to engage with front-line innovation experts! Shuttle service will be provided. Space is limited.
Enrich your conference experience and register today!
Getting Started: Magnet Program Guidance – $999
Wednesday, April 24, 2019 • 9:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
Are you ready to start your Journey to Magnet Excellence®? Don’t go it alone! Gain a solid foundation at this one-of-a-kind workshop for health care organizations considering the Magnet Journey, Getting Started: Magnet Program Guidance.
Join the Magnet® team for a day filled with valuable information and expert guidance.
- Interact one-on-one with senior Magnet program analysts and staff
- Gain key insights into eligibility requirements, the application process, and document preparation
- Review data requirements related to nursing satisfaction, nursing-sensitive indicators, and patient satisfaction
- Receive a copy of the brand new 2019 Magnet Application Manual (a $325 value – FREE with registration!)
- Learn what Magnet designation means to your organization
- Get answers to all your questions
- And much more!
ANCC Magnet Recognition® is the most prestigious distinction a health care organization can receive for nursing excellence and quality patient outcomes. Hear directly from the Magnet Program Office on elements you need to consider when embarking on this journey to achieve safety, quality, and patient satisfaction at your hospital. Register for Getting Started: Magnet Program Guidance today!
Paint and Sip – $40
Thursday, April 25, 2019 • 7:00 p.m.– 9:00 p.m.
Join us for the entertainment craze that’s sweeping the nation. Channel your inner Picasso and create an amazing work of art with the help of a professional artist (and some fabulous wine). The price is just $40 per person! Space is limited, so sign up today!
Dinner with Strangers
Thursday, April 25, 2019 • 7:00 p.m.– 10:00 p.m.
Would you like to meet other industry colleagues and innovators? Then sign up for the opportunity to network and socialize with fellow nurses while enjoying a delicious dinner at one of Orlando’s eclectic restaurants!
- Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019
- Reservation Group 1: 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Reservation Group 2: 7:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Cost: Each person is responsible for the cost of their own meal and transportation
- Capacity: 10 people per reservation
- Bahama Breeze (offsite)
- House of Blues Orlando (offsite)
- The Edison (offsite)
- Villa de Flora